1. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
Drove a car! Scary! So scary I've been doing it for months ;)
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I vowed to do more writing. I failed spectacularly.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No...? I don't really tend to keep up with babies and stuff :(
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Austria. Germany. Belgium. France. Malta. Scotland (shortly).
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
A sense of stability would be nice. No more moving houses/cities/jobs! Though the house moving is looking likely.
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 19th - quit one of the worst jobs I've ever had. And I used to work in telesales!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
See above. The fact that I stuck with it for so long.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some ongoing health issues that nobody has been able to figure out yet :(
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My goblin hoodie is pretty nice :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
luckykaa for supplying hugs and moral support!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel. Moving. Weekends away.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The idea of an elusive weekend off.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
'I Believe in Father Christmas' by Greg Lake - solved the mystery for inflatablefish!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder, right now.
b) thinner or fatter? Not sure. About the same I think.
c) richer or poorer? A tiny bit richer, maybe?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Been more selfish and said "No" to more people.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In Scotland with my family. Then coming back to move house!
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Nobody, really. I don't like making or receiving phone calls.
22. Did you fall in love in 2016?
Well...there is this boy I like.
23. How many one-night stands?
None! Mostly because I suck at them.
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Game of Thrones. Jessica Jones. I liked the first episode of Westworld but need to go back to it. Also Orphan Black but I was a bit late to that party.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I can't be arsed with hate. Too much effort involved.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jonathan Young. Who can't love a man who does heavy metal covers of Disney songs?
28. What did you want and get?
An excuse to quit my job.
29. What did you want and not get?
A job lined up for when I move city. Though there's still time to get one sorted.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Deadpool. Though 2016 was not a good movie year.
31. What did you do on your birthday?
Drove through the Bavarian mountains. Lots of snow so the view was a bit misty. Went to a salt mine. Had a goat bought for me (not a real one). Went to a nice restaurant with tasty chocolate pudding.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Fewer unreliable people.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Jeans and geeky t-shirts. Again.
34. What kept you sane?
Friends. Family. The Boy.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Nobody really. I've been a bit boring when it comes to fantasy crushes this year!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Brexit. The Presidential Election.
37. Who did you miss?
A few people I used to LARP with, oddly enough.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Loads of awesome people I met at Black Library Live! :)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
One thing at a time.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
No. Because I'm not 14 and do not communicate in song lyrics.